What to bring to camp?
Download the list here or read it below: GBC What To Bring to Camp.pdf
All articles must be labeled. Children do lose things. Help us get them back to you.
This is the minimum you will need:
- sleeping bag or bed roll
- single fitted sheet
- 2 pairs of pajamas
- swimsuit (1 piece suits only please)
- 2 beach towels
- 2 pairs of pants
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 3 t-shirts (no revealing tops, please)
- sweatshirt and rain jacket
- sufficient underclothing
- sufficient pairs of socks
- bag for dirty laundry
- runners (needed)
- sandals (optional)
- 2 towels & a face cloth
- soap & shampoo
- toothbrush & toothpaste
- hat and sunscreen
- mosquito repellent
- Bible if you have one
- pen and a notebook
Please do not bring:
Cell phone, cigarettes, alcohol, non-prescription drugs, radio, mp3, video games,¬†jewellery¬† chewing gum, expensive clothing, inappropriate clothing (too revealing or offensive logos).
- We do not allow cell phones on the property to ensure campers' privacy. Please don't bring digital cameras. Disposable ones are allowed but we will be uploading each week's photos to a secure website soon after each week of camp for you to download.
- All lost and found items not claimed by September may be taken to the local thrift store. ¬†Please label your clothing
- Please pack sufficient clothes for camper's entire stay at camp (see list). There are no laundry facilities available for the campers.
- Please be advised that phone privileges are not normally given to the campers. We have found that this increases homesickness incredibly! Parents will be contacted by a staff member in the case of an emergency.
- Any medicine brought to camp must have the child's name on it, be in its original container and given to the camp health officer upon arrival.